Sunday, April 19, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
We already do a couple of these suggestions and I am glad to say UJ has engaged in cleansing and purging the garage of useless stuff we brought with us in our move and have accumulated since we arrived. Garage sale next week! Yay Joe!!
from: Real Simple Magazine
In the next half hour, tackle as many of the following suggestions as possible. Not only will these tasks themselves increase your happiness, but the mere fact that you've achieved some concrete goals will boost your mood.
1. Raise your activity level to pump up your energy. If you are on the phone stand up and pace. Walkt to a co-workers office instead of sending an email. Take a 10 minute brisk walk or, even better...
2. Take a walk outside. Research shows that light stimulates brain chemicals that improve mood. For an extra boost, get your sunlight first thing in the morning.
3. Reach out. Send an e-mail to a friendyou haven't seen in a while or reach out to someone new. Having close bonds with other people is one of the most important keys to happiness. When you act in a friendly way, not only will others feel more friendly toward you, but you'll also strengthen feelings of friendliness for others.
4. Rid yourself of a nagging task. Deal with that insurance problem, purchase something you need or make that long-postponed appointment with the dentist. Crosing an irksome chore off your to-do list will give you a rush of elation.
5. Create a more serene environment. Outer order contribtes to inner peace, so spend some time organizing bills and tackling the piles in the kitchen. A large stack of small tasks can feel overwhelming but often just a few minutes of work can make a sizable dent. Set the timer for 10 minutes and see what you can do in that time.
6. Do a good deed. Introduce two people by e-mail, take a minute to pass along useful information or deliver some gratifying praise. In fact you can also....
7. Save someone's life. Sign up to be an organ donor, and remember to tell your family about your decision. Do good, feel good. It really works!
8. Act Happy. Fake it til you feel it. Research shows that even an artifically induced smile boosts your mood. And if you're smiling, other people will perceive you as being friendlier and more approachable. There is not need to walk around in a constant state of worry. After all, what's the worst that can happen if you bounce a check or leave wet clothes in the dryer?
9. Learn something new. Think of a subject that you wish you knew more about and spend 15 minutes on the internet reading about it, or go to a book store and buy a book about it. Be honest and choose something that really interests you and not something you think you should know.
~OK Bloggie Buddies, hop to it!
Thursday, April 09, 2009
3 boneless chicken breasts boiled and shredded
1 pkg cream cheese cut into cubes
1 small can green chilies (do not drain)
2 cans green enchilada sauce
tortillas (we used flour)
shredded cheez (we used colby jack)
preheat oven to 400 degrees
spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray
mix shredded chicken, cream cheez and green chilies in a skillet and cook over medium heat until cheez melts.
place a large spoonful of chicken mixture in tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down in pan.
cover enchiladas with green sauce then sprinkle cheez over the top.
bake 20 minutes
I got lots of praises from the Family Unit on this one and I believe it will be added to the supper rotation. :o)
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
While that in itself is not annoying, the accent I take on is. I say it like Jack Black's character in Nacho Libre.
You can imagine how annoying that is after about 18 times.
He proposed to me, while we sat at the Sunday dinner table that he would pay me $1 per day if I would not say that phrase to him for 1 month.
"Deal!" I said, thinking it was going to be the easiest $30 I had made in a long time.
"But if you mess up even once, you lose it all....." he added.
Thirty minutes later as we cleaned up the kitchen he said something, well, crazy and I slipped.
I didn't even make it one hour.
Oh well.......I'm crazy!! Now I can say it all I want since I already lost for the month. haha Uncle Joe!! I win!!