Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Deep Thought

The first time I read this quote I cried. I was in the middle of the realization that my loved ones love me even when I mess things up, and they weren't going to STOP loving me if I wasn't perfect. It was a liberating moment for me.

"To love means to open ourselves to the negative as well as the positive - to grief, sorrow, and disappointment as well as to joy, fulfillment, and an intensity of consciousness we did not know was possible before." -- Rollo May

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful and very true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Rollo one of the disciples?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a guy named Rollo on Barney Miller.
    Is that the guy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he invented Rolo's, one of your favorite candies??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think what you are trying to say here is that I just need to go play in the road

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Be a commenter...the world needs more commenters.