Monday, June 30, 2008

Birthday Foot Rubs and Friends

Saturday we got invited to travel to Aunt Lil's house to use her pool for a birthday party for my niece, Allison. We jumped at the chance to swim so off we went. Over the river and through the rain....



Don't they look like t-r-o-u-b-l-e??
Cassi and Allison


Carly decided to take a snooze during Cake-time. She covers her mouth just like Uncle Joe when he sleeps! Funny! She is still my baby.


Alli's favorite gift: A free foot massage from Uncle Joe!!
After the party we went to visit some friends we haven't seen in a long time: Matt and Tamara. We got to know them attending the same church when our daughters were little bitty girls. Tamara and I taught childrens church for years and became very close. It has been 5 years since they moved away and I miss them terribly. Now that we know where they are we will go and visit again soon. We got there about 4pm-ish and didn't leave til 11:30pm ! We sat around and talked, laughed, cried and listened to the children play. They have 4 children now: Zana 14, Hannah 11, Trent 8 and Abigail 5. They love kids! We stayed for hamburgers and had a very nice visit.
Sunday was also a nice day. I took Uncle Joe to Tedly's house to listen to some music then we went to Rib Crib for a quick and quiet bite to eat before heading to Walmart. Yes people, my husband went to Walmart with me. I can count the times on my fingers and toes that he has gone to Walmart with me since we have been married. (15 years 8-14-08!) We had a list and pretty much stuck to it unless there was something we just had to have like a new phone and some shorts for vacation.....yout get the picture. :o)
My boat was floating
My tanks are full and I am over flowing.
A weekend filled with fun and family, who could ask for anything more??



3 comments:

  1. The kids look so radiantly happy....no one could ask (or hope) for anything more. Weekends are for the three f's: friends, family, fun. Oh and the fourth f: food! And one "n"...for Naps.

    (and that is Lavinia's two cents worth).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo is really good.
    Your smile looks amazing!!!!!

    I'm glad a fun time was had.

    Happy July 4th weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the people who cover their mouths are the smart ones, I bet they've never had a spider etc crawl in during the night

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Be a commenter...the world needs more commenters.