Friday, March 24, 2006

I Had a Little Pity Party

One day last week, I was having a little pity party for myself. I was at work feeling all alone in an office full of people. I was praying, "God please let me know you love me today. Please let me know in a way that I know it's you...."

A few minutes later, as I was filling out paperwork for the umpteenth patient, the cd I was listening to caught my attention. The following song was playing and speaking to me in this moment. I smiled and laughed to myself.....God was speaking to me through this song.

Something Beautiful
Written by Matthew West, Chance Scoggins
Performed by Natalie Grant

This is a song for anyone whose ever been
Knocked down and can’t get back again,
Stuck in the corner, can’t move forward
All alone and you think you’re going nowhere
This is a song for anyone whose ever stood
Underneath the sun
And felt so small, two feet tall and so out of place
He sees you – He knows you- He loves you
And He wants you to know that

The life that you’ve been living, the days that
You’ve been given
Were made for something beautiful
Life- don’t let it pass you by
Because you were created for something beautiful

Heaven holds a dream that’s just for you
And there are things only you can do
So step by faith put the past away
It’ll take you to a better day

Second to minute to hour to life
Time always seems to fly
It’s on the go and before you know
Your days are through
But He sees you- He knows you- He loves you
And He wants you to know

The life that you’ve been living the days that
You’ve been given were made for something beautiful
Life-don’t let it pass you by
Because you were created for something beautiful

What are you waiting for?

There’s something beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. huh? well, okay. i'm glad this made you feel better, although i'm not familiar with the song, personally, in my world, in my realm of things per se. did i tell you air supply is coming to our town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God loves you, and so do we.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Be a commenter...the world needs more commenters.