Yay to Queen Latifah for pulling off a great show. It took me a few minutes to realize why the show looked so different.....and quiet.
Here is a list of the winners in case you missed it.
~People's Choice ~
• Female TV star: Katherine Heigl (I think she is SO beautiful!)
• Male TV star: Patrick Dempsey (I watched Can't Buy Me Love this winter and he has grown up so nicely!)
• Talk show host: Ellen DeGeneres (I don't get to watch her show much, but it looks funny!)
• Scene stealer: Chandra Wilson (How can you NOT love her?)
• TV drama: "House" (I work with a doc just like House. I don't need the show)
• TV comedy: "Two and a Half Men" (haven't seen much of this one either)
• Reality show: "Dancing With the Stars" (A great idea!)
• Game show: "Deal or No Deal" (Howie is the only reason I watch this one. I love the soul patch!)
• Sci-fi show: "Stargate Atlantis"
• Animated TV show: "The Simpsons" ( I may be a stick in the mud, but I don't care for this show)
• Female movie star: Reese Witherspoon (An absolute doll....she will be around a long time.)
• Male movie star: Johnny Depp (That Johnny Depp, he's one fine actor! And easy on the eyes)
• Leading lady: Drew Barrymore ( I would like to see her in more movies)
• Leading man: Joaquin Phoenix (I am glad he has been succesful. He is a great actor. I loved his brother, River)
• Female action star: Keira Knightley (Gotta love Keira, but for goodness sake, have a cheez burger!)
• Male action star: Matt Damon (Looks like the guy next door, who doesn't like Matt? What a smile!)
• On-screen match-up: George Clooney and Brad Pitt (sad to say I haven't seen any of the Ocean movies, but how could you go wrong with those two?)
• Movie: "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" (I must put this on my t0-do list)
• Movie drama: "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (i have no response to this)
• Movie comedy: "Knocked Up" (glad I aint!)
• Action movie: "The Bourne Ultimatum" (on the edge of my seat the whole time!)
• Family movie: "Shrek the Third" (i don't care who you are, farts are funny)
• "Threequel": "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" (...going to Blockbuster now.....)
• Independent movie: "Becoming Jane" (sounds like a good movie......what do you think Carol?)
• Female singer: Gwen Stefani ( I don't listen to a lot of her music, but she is beautiful......)
• Male singer: Justin Timberlake ( He brought sexy back)
• Group: Rascal Flatts ( THEY ARE GREAT!)
• Pop song: Justin Timberlake, "What Goes Around ... Comes Around" (duh I knew that!)
• Rock song: Daughtry, "Home" (Go Daughtry!)
• Country song: Rascal Flatts, "Stand" (oh yea.....)
• Hip-hop song: Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake, "Give it to Me" (never heard it)
• R&B song: Rhianna, "Shut Up & Drive" (well ok)
• Song from a soundtrack: "You Can't Stop the Beat" from "Hairspray" ( Hairspray.....it's a good thing!)
• Reunion tour: The Police (I wish.......)
• Funny male: Robin Williams (gets better with age )
• Funny female: Ellen DeGeneres (I loved the American Express commercial with all the animals)
Just doing my part to keep you up to date on what is goin on in the world....with or without writers.
Thank you and good night.