Monday, February 19, 2007

Hey Whatchall Doin??

Hi Bloggers......I have been sooooo busy at work and without a good reliable wireless connection from my neighbors at home, I have not been blogging like I used to.

Let see what has been going on in my life??

Cassi and Uncle Joe are under the weather. They caught the respiratory bug that has been going around like wild-fire here in our county. The kids are dropping like flies at area schools. Both my sweeties came to the doctor last week and got some medicine and are on the mend. It has been my observation that this "flu bug" is very hard to shake and a very long bounce back to normal time.

Carly, my other sweetie, has completed her science project. (Thank God!) She and a partner started and finished it Saturday. Her project was putting home-made carpet cleaner head-to-head with commercial products. We followed the manufacturers instructions and the home-made cleaner beat the commercial product in cleaning a mustard stain!!
Here is the recipe:
1 T ammonia
1 T Ivory dish washing liquid
1 quart hot water
squirt on stain and scrub with a brush. soak up solution with an absorbent towel.

I am reading a book called "A Three Dog Life" by Abigail Thomas. It is a memoir of her thoughts after her husband was injured in a car/pedestrian accident and suffered a traumatic brain injury. Her writing is very thoughtful and thought provoking. It is very comfortable to read and she is very observant and quiet.

I am looking forward to my Netflix delivery of The Nun Story starring Audrey Hepburn.

There are tree surgeons all over our area STILL cleaning up tree debris. I heard that they are about 1/4 of the way done. There are piles of limbs out by curbs waiting for FEMA to pick up. I wonder what they will do with all the wood chips?

We have found a great church in Fort Gibson. They just voted the interim preacher to be full time and we are very happy about that. He and his family are pretty awesome. His wife is my SS teacher and I am really enjoying her class, and I look forward to every service to hear Gods word. I was just starving for it and I am really getting fed. God is so good.


That is about all that is going on in my life.....how about yours??

5 comments:

  1. Train show, kids at home, clean house, and for tonight, ice cream and a movie.

    I'm going to use that cleaning recipe. Way to go Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Get well wishes for Batman and Cassi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, sounds like you are keeping out of trouble....now THAT can't be very fun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful update!
    I am glad you were able to make a post.
    I hope that all your sick ones make a speedy recovery to good health.
    Life is good!
    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) hugs
    (")_ (")Š from
    the Cool Raggedy one

    ReplyDelete
  5. *just get some internet for the love of Pete!

    *hope that "kids" get well soon. We're all puny here too.

    *I'm psyched about Carly's find. Whoda?

    *I'm reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

    *The Nun Story is good, but really, I haven't seen a bad Audrey Hepburn movie. My favorite is Breakfast at Tiffanies

    *Have fun with all the tree surgeons in the neighborhood. Watch out for splinters!

    *I'm excited to hear about your churches blessings!

    *I'm trying to figure out a way to take a summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Be a commenter...the world needs more commenters.