I was so worried about The Gobhole Girl coming to my home. I was afraid that we would pick up this creature at the airport that had a little cloud over her head. I was so pleasantly surprised. What came out of the terminal was a brightly colored gal with a bright smile and a boy in tow.
Here are some tips and observations should The Gobhole Girl ever decide to visit you.
1. she is not a morning person. do not speak until spoken to, usually after a few slurps of coffee.
2. she loves coffee in copious amounts. keep lots on hand. buy a starbux franchise.
3. she needs her lip gloss/stick available to her at all times and applies it frequently.
4. she does spill things often. have papertowels or other absorbant material on hand.
5. her hair is fabulous, don't be jealous.
6. her feet stink. i did not smell them but she told me she could. i just trusted her on this one. (mine however did not as i sprayed them with deo! haha)
7. she is prepared for any toiletry emergency. she has anything and everything you could possibly need or ever want in the way of toiletries. (Granny you will be happy to know we kiped all the samples we could for you!)
8. she eats like a bird. we finally figured out we should share meals and she still only ate half. there must be tons of take out boxes at their house.
9. we noticed a lot of the same things. the only difference was that she said it out loud. we saw several sights and looked at each other and laughed because we knew what we were thinking. (eg: Shoe Hangage....your feet should NOT overhang any where on your sandals. Your sandals should not make any noises while you walk....we were behind a woman whose sandals were blowing air everytime she walked. )
10. we are both note takers. we both have large amounts of notes from the lessons we had. we could probably reinact the lesson for you should that need arise. (please email me for fees)
11. never assume that anything hanging out of your nose, stuck in your teeth, in your hair or on your clothes will go unnoticed. she will notice and she will tell you. that is the sign of a true friend.
12. she is a very passionate person, especially where she sees injustice.
13. we both drive with our hands at 10 & 2. if you don't know what that means then go back to drivers ed. it is the correct way to do it, and that's all there is to it.
14. she has intestnal problems. let's just leave it at that. you want the truth?? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!
15. she can sniff out a bargain in all retail shop
16. she is a great problem solver
17. her list of things she noticed me will exceed this list by far.
18. she only drinks Pepsi. from bottles in cups of ice.
Let me also warn you that the Gobhole Phenomenon is contagious and totally transferrable.
Since we have been together I have tripped on more things than I ever have in my life.
I have managed to hit my body parts on more stationary objects than ever before. This would include a zillion pound rock and walls of all sorts.
I ran into three displays at the grocery store just yesterday.
We ate supper at Fazoli's Saturday night and while she managed to keep herself clean I left with spaghetti sauce all over me! (including my pants!)
We were nearly run off the road. Our short cut road just ended abruptly for no reason.
We received the worst service in every restaurant we went to, including being over charged. (This is a new thing for me as Joe and I usually receive great service!)
Hopefully the effects of this phenomenon will fade as they travel back to Idaho today. I may bump into a few things today in her honor.
Thank you Gobhole Girl (and Dyl) for coming to our home and sharing a week of our life.