Believe it or not I have some pet peeves. ;o)
I work in a medical clinic at the front desk. I am the meeter/greeter/checker- inner. My desk is also known as "The Hot Seat". Come watch me work through a day like yesterday and you will know why. (originally written March 10th)
Here is a short list of the stuff I see at the front desk that just pets my peeve.
1. Smokers that exhale their smoky breath in my face. (am seated lower than the counter)
2. Truckers that come in calling me Hon, Sweetie, Dear etc. I reserve that right to sweet little grandmotherly ladies
3. Drug screen donors that try and pull one over on me. We know the tricks, just stop, and don't do drugs.
4. People that get mad at me personally for what goes on in the clinic. It is not my personal
fault that you have to work. Every scheduled appointment was not scheduled by me. I
do not take responsibility for, nor will I take a cussin' for anyone but me and my actions.
5. I cannot stand to hear other staff members gripe about working. I like my job. I am
grateful for my paycheck every week, and I am going to make sure I get one next week, and
that means getting off our duffs and treating patients!
6. The people that come in at 4:30pm deserve to be treated as nicely as the ones that came in
at 8:30am. They are working parents. We dont' know what they have been through to get
here at this time. Just be compassionate. We are patient advocates and here to serve them.
7. If I don't know you, don't touch me. EVER.
8. It freaks me out when strangers call me by name. It makes me think I should know you and I don't remember your name! :o) I hate wearing my name tag with my first and last name on it.
9. Don't try to grab my pen out of my hand when I am showing you what to fill out. Patients have germs and I don't want them!
On a lighter note:
I saw this joke on Jamie Dawn's blog I believe and I laughed out loud. :o) I love to laugh. And someone please please tell me why farts are so funny!?
An elderly woman leaned over to her husband in church and said, "I just let a silent but deadly fart. What should I do? " He leaned over to her and said, " Get a better hearing aid."