Saturday, February 28, 2009

Suz Chef

Last night Uncle Joe and I made home-made pizza. He texted me at work and can apparently read my mind because I had just been trying to decide what to have for supper and pizza sure did sound good.

Text: Pizza at home for supper?
My reply: Yesss! You are reading my mind!


I stopped at the grocery, list in hand, to pick up some last minute things for the Pizza De Jour. I only had to call Joe once to ask about yeast preference and only had to go back for one forgotten item. (Good thing I was still in the parking lot!)I got home and he prepared all the toppings: Ham, pinapple (fresh!), onion, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage and cheese.

The recipe for crust we found was easy and tasty. I would recommend you try it next time you want to impress your family. :o) This batch makes TWO regular crusts.We made two batches of this dough after one other recipe flopped. Our company loved it and the girls had fun making their own pizza.

Quick Pizza Dough

1 pkg Quik Rise dry yeast
1 cup luke warm water
2 T olive oil
1 T honey *** yes honey! it was delish!
2 1/2 cups flour
pinch of salt

*this recipe also calls for 1/2 t garlic powder and 1/2 t onion powder, but we didn't use it.

Mix yeast in water in glass bowl. Add other ingredients. We used our stand mixer and it worked beautifully. Place in a bowl that has about a teaspoon of olive oil..just enough to coat the bottom. Cover and let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
Turn out dough on lightly floured surface. Cut in half. Flatten out on a floured surface and place in pizza pan. Add sauce, cheese and toppings of your liking and bake at 450 degrees for 12 (or more) minutes.

I was in charge of mixing dough. UJ patted most of the pizzas out and i topped them. I didn't do TOO bad for my first "Suz Chef" job. Hey... at least I got lots of kisses while I was working. I bet Chef Gordon Ramsay doesn't kiss his sous chefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Be a commenter...the world needs more commenters.