Sunday, January 01, 2006

Look to the ant you slackers!

Proverbs 6:6

A line in our Sunday School lesson today. After Joe read it, I leaned over and said, "Sounds like a post title to me." We laughed to ourselves......

Yes look to the Aunt and see what there is to learn:

1. Always look behind you when backing up. (There are poles hidden in bushes)
2. Think before speaking. (I have tasted my feet in my mouth many times.)
3. Always read the instructions.
4. Refrain from gossip in public. You never know who is listening and who they are related to. So, save it for
closed doors. (I was talking, not bad, about a highschool classmate who committed suicide at a lunch date
once and was horrified to learn his widow was sitting behind us. Even if she had heard, we were not saying
anything bad,but learned a lesson.)
5. Always look in the mirror one last time before going to work. (I have been humiliated many times when I
realized I forgot to blend a swipe of makeup in or forgot to comb our my bangs....what a laugh that was!)
6. Never assume anything when dealing with the public.
"Is this your father?" "No, he's my husband."
"WHen is your baby due?" "I'm not pregnant" or "She is 6 months old."
7. When talking to someone about an ex, use all human restraint not to chime in on the ex-bashing. Won't
we feel stupid if they get back together?
8. Sometimes we can learn more by listening than by asking a lot of nosy, dumb questions.
9. Always check the pockets before washing pants. (I have found $50 and also lost things in the washer)
10. Pay attention in Psychology class....some of that stuff really works.

There you have it folks. That's all I have to say at the moment, but stay tuned, cause I feel like I am on a roll here.

4 comments:

  1. please forgive, but here i go again. and....i've been waiting on you. bored stiff.




    1. Always look behind you when backing up. (There are poles hidden in bushes) do you normally back into bushes anyways?
    3. Always read the instructions. i need to work on this, i HATE booklets
    4. Refrain from gossip in public. okay, i agree, but gossip and speaking the truth/facts is different. you can talk about people, just don't talk smack about them, or spread falshoods.
    5. Always look in the mirror one last time before going to work. oh my lord. i could tell you some stories. a roller in the hair, shirt on backward, something on the face or in the grill. this is your best piece of advice ever

    6. Never assume anything when dealing with the public. oh my lord. tell me someone didnt' ask you if uncle joe was your father. please..
    on the ex bashing. do i have to? whaaaaaaaaaa
    8. Sometimes we can learn more by listening than by asking a lot of nosy, dumb question...ahem. i like to ask questions, but mine are really good ones, and very relevant to the conversation.
    9. Always check the pockets before washing pants. over rated. cleaning gum and kleenex off clothes is a real fun thing
    10. Pay attention in Psychology class....some of that stuff really works, especailly when dealing with ex's

    i like your lists. i think we're sisters. post a pic of yourself, to see if we were split up at birth. okay? alright then, its setttled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4. Refrain from gossip in public

    This reminds me of a very funny story which I'll blog about this week.

    Excellent advice! I wish everyone would be forced to take a good psych class. There are so many people that know so little about their own inner workings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list to start the new year with!

    I know I've learned too much of that from experience. Except for saying it out loud if I think someone's husband is their father... I'm too introverted for that (had fun watching someone else do it more than once).

    Last week I washed a hoodie with kleenex in the pocket. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe IS older than me by 8 yrs and 9 months but he has such a baby face for an older man, so NO no one has ever asked me if he was my dad. He has been accused of robbing the cradle though. heehee

    I went to Walgreens to pick up my picture cd so I could post some pictures tonight, and the big doofus that took my order forgot to burn the cd so I have to go back tomorrow. I better be getting some free stuff too.

    So, Blogger Friends, you will have to wait another day to see our ugly mugs. Joe has already looked at the photos and nix'd a few of them. There are some cute ones of the girls so you can look forward to seeing their little smiling faces.

    I am a little anxious about posting pictures. WIll it be more fun then?? I MUST get a camera. Haha...I did put back some pictures of our messy house so I won't even be tempted to show them.

    I need to go swim around some more.....

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Be a commenter...the world needs more commenters.