Saturday, December 10, 2005

That's My Man

Yep, I get to go home with that cute guitar player! I just love hearing my man play guitar with the band. I know I am guilty of taking him for granted because I hear him play alot at home, and I am reminded of that when I hear him play &/or sing in public.

We went to a benefit for a fellow church member who has been diagnosed w/ a rare brain cancer. He was originally diagnosed in 1998 and has had several surgeries, and one of the more recent surgeries required removal of his right eye and a portion of his facial bones. He is a deacon in our church and has led us all by his example. He is very young, 31, and having to deal with all this illness has brought on his family has been devastating. He and his wife, Amy, have two young children and there was a time before the last surgery that we didn't know if he was going to make it or not. Thank God he was a surgical candidate and they got all the tumor. He had developed terrible headaches and seizures recently and had to return to NYC for more surgery, not even knowing what they were going to find. Thankfully, it was all scar tissue causing those problems and now that is has been removed, he is on his way to recovery.

Anyway, Hubby and two different bands played tonight and it was very nice. I look at him up there and I get a big smile on my face. That's my man and I still think he is very handsome and you know, he can still make me get weak kneed and have butterflies in my stomach. I guess that's a good thing after being married 12 years

You know, they (and I have no clue who THEY are) always say that the toughest year being married is the first. I didn't find that to be true. I think it is different for every body, but that first year was the best! I think it was a few years after our second child was born that it got tough. I feel so wrapped up in daily life that we neglect each other and our relationship. I have made a conscious effort of late to let him know how I feel and show him more respect and consideration. Let's face it our life is not wonderful, but it is ours and we have to make the best of it TOGETHER. God please help us to remember that we will be long after our children are gone from our nest and not to lose sight of each other and what we mean to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Be a commenter...the world needs more commenters.